2. Speaker Biographies
3. Collaborative Principles
4. SAFE ACT Fact Sheet
5. J.B Pritzker wants criminal justice reform. Here’s how it could work by Edith Brady-Lunny – The Herald & Review, December 26, 2018.
6. The never-ending ‘Willie Horton effect’ is keeping prisons too full for America’s good by John Pfaff – The Los Angeles Times, May 14, 2017.
7. Mass Incarceration: The Silence of Judges by Jed S. Rakoff – The New York Review of Books, May 21, 2015.
8. The Growth of Incarceration in the United States: Exploring Causes and Consequences: Chapter 3: Policies and Practices Contributing to High Rates of Incarceration by Jeremy Travis, et al. National Research Council (2014).
9. How Judicial Elections Impact Criminal Cases by Kate Berry – Brennan Center for Justice (2015).
10. The Incalculable Costs of Mass Incarceration by John Pfaff – The Appeal, September 20th, 2018.
11. The Prison Paradox: More Incarceration Will Not Make Us Safer by Don Stemen – Vera Institute of Justice, July 2017.
12. It’s Long Past Time to Face the Complexity Behind Persistent Violent Crime by Ryan Lugalia-Hollon and Daniel Cooper – Next City, June 4, 2018.
13. To End Gun Violence in Chicago, Should We Focus on Quick Fixes or Root Causes? Yes. by Nina Vinik – Crain’s Chicago’s Business, October 16th 2018.
14. We Carry Guns to Stay Safe by Jocelyn Fontaine, et al. – The Urban Institute, October 2018.
15. Engaging Community in Reducing Gun Violence by Sam Bieler, et al. – The Joyce Foundation, April 2016.
16. 5 Key Learnings to Reduce Youth Violence - Get In Chicago
17. Why We Should Fund Violence Prevention in Chicago by Arne Duncan – The Chicago Tribune, October 19, 2018.
18. Why Reform - Illinois Justice Project
19. Cities Striving for Peace: What Chicago Can Learn From Five Big-Cities Mayors Who Successfully Lowered Gun Violence Flyer